Duration: One year renewable, w/ initial 3-month probation
Employee Status: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours/week (8:30 am – 5 pm); additional hours as necessary.
Location: Spintex – Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Executive Director
Start Date: January 1, 2023
The Finance & Operations Officer is responsible for providing technical assistance to ensure proper accounting and financial management of JA Ghana operations and programs.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and prepares budgets in consultation with Executive Director as basis for determining Resource requirements for Program Implementation.
- Assists Executive Director in ensuring that Program Operations and implementation procedures are consistent with organization’s grant conditions and Program Objectives.
- Ensures the effective use of Financial Accounting systems for recording, analyzing, reporting and presenting financial transactions and information incidental to the implementation of Program activities.
- Ensures that Internal Control Procedures are strictly adhered to ensure the financial administration processes are sound and reliable.
- Manages Program Income, budgets and funds received for the Implementation of various programs at the Office to ensure effective cash flow for all program activities.
- Maintains adequate books of accounts to reflect all financial transactions relating to the organization’s program.
- Compiles and submits monthly and periodic financial reports as would be required by management for decision-making and external reporting.
- Ensures the timely submission of Financial Reports required by management for external reporting and decision-making.
- Provides training and supervision to persons under his or her direct supervision to develop and improve skills and knowledge of the organization’s financial policies and procedures, general financial administration and accounting systems.
- Performs periodic review or budget monitoring exercises and also provide advice to management on expenditure/budget variances.
- Maintains an effective system of managing Cash and Equivalents at the Office level and ensure the timely replenishment of cash reserves;
- Completes each month the computerized financial statement of all projects relating to JA Ghana.
- Monitors funding and assists the Executive Director with the preparation of financial reports for the Donors
- Ensures the existence and effective implementation of Internal control procedures to ensure sound and Implementing internal control systems; and
- Liaises with external auditors during annual audits
- Prepares financial analysis/projections on the various aspects of the program showing cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure proper levels of supplies, equipment, etc. are maintained throughout the office.
- Maintain JA Worldwide Operating Agreement, Compliance, and Documents, including By-Laws.
- Facilitate or assist with employee onboarding and training.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and operational plans.
- Coordinate review of staff policies and procedures.
- Oversee and corroborate program data and results for the JADE, board, and stakeholders.
- Maintain all inventory for the organization.
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to take on other duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- ICA qualification or ACCA (partly qualified)
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to use Quickbooks or similar financial reporting software.
- In-depth knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting and reporting, preferably in a project-based international organization.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills in English;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills; and the ability to work well in a team.
- Experience in coordination and management of budgets.
- Very good personal organization and priority-setting skills.
- Commitment to teamwork and strongly value the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere.
- Well-developed administrative skills and good communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective skills in leading and managing people.
- Focus on high-quality service.
- Good understanding of the application of relevant administrative policies and procedures.
- Experience leading a team
Please send the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Finance and Operations Officer Position – Your Name” (e.g. Application for Programs Officer Position – Yaw Barima), no later than Friday, September 9, 2022 at 5pm GMT.
- CV/resume – should have the naming convention “CV_Your Name” (e.g. CV_Yaw Barima)
- Cover letter addressed to “The Executive Director, JA Ghana”– should have the naming convention “Cover Letter_Your Name” (e.g. Cover Letter_Yaw Barima)
- List of 3 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be residents living in Ghana and have legal authorization to work.